Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Duct Tape Glasses, Shirt and Bracelet, or Wrist Band

Today was "Duct Tape" day at school for my two high school princesses. I shared with you yesterday how we made shorts. Well, I was impressed with my daughters ability to come up with cute ideas. One of them took our 3-D glasses and pulled the lenses out and then took Duct Tape and wrapped the fronts of the glasses with purple tape and the sides with green tape. 
I loved what she did with her shirt. She had a shirt from year book that she never wore and it had a stain on it. She didn't want to throw it out as she may put it on her t-shirt quilt but instead, she decided to make a new duct tape shirt since the one in the posts from before got stinky and was so hot and hard to put on and off.

She used the green/blue Duct tape to cover the logo and stain. She then put a stripe down the edges where the tape wasn't even so that the square would be more square as it is hard to get the edges even when you are making rows into a square.

Once she had a square that was big enough to cover the logo, she made a face out of the purple and then made a bow to stick on top to give it dimension. 

They matched the glasses. She also wanted to have a bracelet to match and took a strip of purple and folded it in half but cut a small section out of one of the halves which gave her a little bit longer on one of the halves to stick the tape to itself once it was around her wrist. I would have just cut another piece to put them together but I thought she did it in a very smart way. You can see it in the picture.
She has a ring on as well that I will post about in another post. I took pictures to post about that almost a year ago and never got to it. It is funny that I keep thinking I won't have anything to post about and will have to find something but I have so many pictures from the past that I have never actually posted about that I could keep busy for a month without having to take more pictures. But, I am grateful that my girls are so busy and active that I have plenty to post about. 

During this time of year, we have plenty to keep us busy as the year comes to an end. It will be interesting to see how fast it goes and how much they do. Sometimes, I wonder if I am lazy but then I look at all the pictures and all the activities we have going on and read my journal and then I find out, I am not lazy, I am just tired. 

Just today,  I pulled off my trailer door and fixed the lock. It had come apart so much that the wood in the bottom of the door was like dust. I "fixed" it last week but not knowing how it was before because the wood disintegrated, I did it wrong, so today, I got to figure out how to make it right. I think I finally got it as the sun went down. 

It amazes me how many things go wrong on trailers. It seems like I am upgrading something each time I go in or we use it. I had to put on a new license plate bracket last week as well as the plastic one broke off from the light. I am just grateful I can figure out how to fix things myself and save that extra fee to someone else. 

Anyway, that was a tangent. I hope you enjoy the fun Duck Tape ideas we shared today. I have another for tomorrow I thought was creative. 

Have a Colorful Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment