Friday, March 2, 2012

Pancake Mix Spruce Up - Chocolate Mint Pancakes




I bought two different pancake mixes the other day. One was granola and the other chocolate. I thought it would be interesting to try them but after I made the first batches of each, my girls weren't really excited about it. So, I started adding things. In the granola one, I added crushed up "Heath Bar" crunch to the mix. The girls loved it.


On the chocolate batch, I made some plain, then I added chopped cacao which I blended in my coffee grinder, and dumped in to give it a real chocolate flavor. I then tried a few that way. I then added some mint flavoring wondering how the chocolate mint flavor would be and then I added some craft caramel bits for the last batch.

The girls liked the caramel ones and the heath bar one's the best. I kind of enjoyed the chocolate mint one's. I think they would have been great hot with a scoop of ice cream but that isn't much of a breakfast food. More like a desert.


For my plate, I sprayed some cream on it and sliced on a few strawberries and did enjoy it. I think if you want chocolate pancakes, try adding your own cocao. I didn't think the mixes were that exciting.


I'm looking for a good pancake recipe from scratch that I can adapt as needed. I haven't been able to find one. We still love the multigrain pancakes from Village Inn. I wish I could find their recipe....

No comments:

Post a Comment