Friday, February 24, 2012

Chicken, Parmesan and Veggie Stroganoff




Last week, I made some beef stroganoff with veggies and curly noodles. The girls LOVED it and gave it rave reviews. It didn't last long even though I made a large amount.


This week, I thought I would try something new. I had a few bags of Parmesan cheese left from the wedding sandwiches (Link to that recipe here - all time favorite) and am trying to clean out my freezer and cupboards so I made up this recipe. It is a winner.

Chicken, Parmesan and Vegetable Stroganoff
Chicken breast
s
sour cream or cooking cream
olive oil
crushed red pepper
minced garlic
onions
Parmesan cheese
frozen vegetables ( I like the veggie mixes and throw away the sauce packets)
noodles
dehydrated mushrooms optional. You could use fresh as well.

Depending on how much you choose to make, add the amount of ingredients according to how much you want.

Cut chicken breast into small pieces, pour a generous amount of olive oil into the bottom of a wok or large frying pan. Pour in desired amount of garlic and crushed red pepper. Cut onions into thin slices and place all the above into the pan and saute until chicken is cooked through and the onions are soft. If you want to add dehydrated mushrooms, put them in and let them soften while you cook the chicken.


Next, pour in the frozen veggies. Don't rinse or drain them as the water and frost will give you the moisture needed to soften the noodles.

Once the veggies are heated and any ice is melted, I stir in the noodles. Add 1/3 as many noodles as the water amount you have in the bottom of the pan. If you want, you can add cream or water or chicken broth to add moisture if you want to have more noodles in the mix. Cover and stir often until the noodles are done.


Once noodles are soft, stir in cooking cream or sour cream. Add as much as you like until it becomes like a sauce. It tastes great just like that or, you can dump in a bag of grated Parmesan and stir.

I like my food spicy and add lots of garlic and pepper but
you may want to experiment until you know the best amount for you. If I gave you amounts, it may be too spicy for your liking.

You really can't go wrong with this recipe. It would be hard to ruin it. If you don't want to add the noodles in the cooking process, you can serve it minus the noodles and serve it over cooked noodles as a sauce for the noodles. Either way, I think you will make it again. Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment