Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Flying High - Dance Competition


I am so proud of the girls and how well they did this year in dance. They placed in the top three of the state. In all my girls dancing career, that is the highest their team has placed. They had one girl fall out of her head stand or who knows where they would have ended up. None of them blame the girl as at one time each of them has fallen. It is what it is but we are all so proud of their hard work.


I enjoy taking photos of them in the routines but sometimes just have to point and shoot as the action is happening hoping for the best to get a good photo of at least one of the girls. Being single makes it all the more difficult as many times I am doing video and taking photos. The top photo is great but I wish they didn't have the lighted ads behind the girls as it made the photos somewhat dark. I think I should write a letter about that but I have thoughts about that type of thing often and rarely write them as life seems more important.


There were several amzing photos where I got some good actions shots. I love the one above with the girls all in the air leaping. I also loved that in most of the dances, the girls were near enough each other that I could get both of them in the photo. This photo has one girl right behind the other and you can see how close their form is in this high kick. They look almost exactly alike. Both are on toe and have a high straight kick.


The team was first in the state in this routine after region according to points so were allowed to perform last at state. The oriental routine was fun for the girls to perform and they looked beautiful as they danced. They ended up taking a second in this dance for the whole state. I really liked how they took on the character and the other thing I really liked is that they put all the girls on the team on the floor where other teams only put their best dancers on the routine. So for them to get a second with 25 dancers on a dance and each girl has a different ability, that is impressive.


It was a good year for dance and I am proud of the girls in the military drill at the end. Princess number 4 took fourth in the state and Princess number 3 was in the top ten. They are amazing. I am proud of them. Thanks for letting me show them off just a little more. It would be sad to take these amazing photos of their abilities and not be able to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment