Thursday, June 9, 2011

Warm Fuzzies - Landscaping and Swamp Coolers

I have a love/hate relationship with busy days. I am tired from running on busy days but I get the warm fuzzy feeling knowing I had much to do and accomplished many things on the "list" for the day.

Today was one of those days. Princess number 2 is planning on going on a mission in the next few months so she is getting shots, physicals, finishing up the last class at college etc. She needed some long distance help so I was running doing errands all day for her. Princess number three started the day with drill team, then on to marching band and then off to a planning meeting for the leaders of the Sophomore class.

I am a taxi driver but am grateful I have a car. I got the car inspected, went to the dentist for records, dropped off cookies and magazines at a car place as they seem to only be able to subscribe to sports, hunting, or car magazines so we thought we would share some of our favorites such as "Time," "Entrepreneur" and some travel magazines. (They came in handy when I ended up there later to get the car inspected. I didn't think I would be enjoying them so soon.)


I went to a framing shop where it was suggested that we go buy our own lumber for the "shadow box" and then he would put the special glass and a decorative frame on the front. We went to look at the frames in a storage unit as he said he would give me the frame that we like if we found something we liked in their storage unit. We found two we liked and went to the hardware store 2 times getting lumber cut for my yard and swamp cooler and wood for the frame.

I dehydrated some veggies, put in the swamp cooler which was so much easier when I went to the hardware store and had them cut me some cull lumber to fit under the swamp cooler as the weight and water have made it sink into my grass some. Even though I had it on a wood frame last year, it sunk. With the new wood, I am sure it won't sink.

I dug up the old 4 x 4 wood in the mailbox area and it was almost gone it had decomposed so much it came out in chunks. I pulled out all the decorative bark as so much had decomposed that I had a few inches of nice dirt under them. I pulled out all the dirt, buried new 4 x 4 posts to border the bark. If you remember the post "Nothing is im "Post" able." a year ago, (I laughed when I checked and it was almost a year to the day) we had to replace some fence posts, well, I finally used the broken off 4 x 4's to replace the one's in my front yard.

Since I had to go to the hardware store anyway, I marked where I needed the 4 x 4's cut and the store lumber "yard" cut them for me which saved me time sawing them.

We went to the local Auto Zone store and bought a new air filter and license plate light. I went back when the bulbs they sold me weren't quite right for our car. Putting the light in was a chore. Princess number one helped and I was proud of her but I couldn't get the light back in as it isn't supposed to be removed to change the bulb but the owners manual didn't show how to do it so she did it that way. It worked out OK in the end.

I went to the medical equipment place twice today to get help with a sleep apnea machine I purchased hoping that would help with my lack of sleep.

I turned the swamp cooler on as the house has been hot and decided to take a bath. I got out of the bath to find my heat and swamp cooler having a battle. Someone had turned the heat up to 70! The room where the swamp cooler sits was quite cool but my bedroom was more like 85 as it was hot to start with and then having the heat on for 2 hours made it unbearable. I opened a window and turned off the heat hoping to draw the cold air into my room. It worked and I am now falling asleep as I type this having said good night to all my princess's, three of whom are not in the "nest" this week.

With all that done today, the saddest part is that my list for tomorrow is the same size if not larger. If this isn't the most informative post I've ever done, just enjoy the photos. Here is one of Princess number three resting while mowing the lawn today. I know how she feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment