Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Technical Difficulties and Another Memory Quilt part 6


It is very late and I figured out how to fix the problem of the search on my blog. It worked until I tried to use firefox and since then, nothing comes up when you search. It has been rather frustrating. Also, the power went out which resets my internet.



I finally figured out getting a new widget counter off the web. The one that comes with blogger wouldn't work. This new one seems to be working well.



As you can see by the above photo, several weeks ago I finished princess number three's memory hand print quilt. I was in a hurry and excited to get it done but didn't realize until later in the sewing process that I sewed the seamed fringe to the back rather than the front. As you can see by these other quilts for princess number 1 and Princess number 2, that I sewed them with the fringe on the front.



As you can see in the above photos, I sewed the fringe on the back of Princess number three's quilt. It doesn't look bad but it wasn't intentional.



Princess number 4's quilt is almost ready to sew. I just need to get 6 hand prints from my sister in CA and take up paint to get my brothers wife and two babies on white squares and then I can finish it. I think I will sew most of the quilt together leaving only the holes for the squares so I can finish it in the next few weeks.



I started pinning Princess number 5's quilt today. I really will be happy to get these done. The girls appreciate them so it is worth the work but I will be happy to put away the sewing machines and quilting supplies.



Each quilt has grown in size but it makes them heavy. The family has grown since the older girls were young so I had to make the quilts bigger and bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment