Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Singing on Easter, Nerd Day, $5 Blessing and More

It has been a busy time. I have a love hate relationship with spring. I love the new growth and life that comes with spring but hate the busy schedule that comes with the end of the school year. I just thought I would put a few things together that are going on in our lives and tell you some gratitude moments I can share. Last night I was gathering tears as I thought on my blessings during my prayers and how much I am blessed with in my life. Even though I don't always have much money, my Heavenly Father provides for my needs on a daily basis.

So with that, here is a little about last week. It was Nerd day at the high school and the girls looked so cute I couldn't help but post a photo. My girls and I celebrated Easter a week early so Princess number two could attend the celebration. With that, we had lots of extra time on Easter day so with a bit of arm twisting, I got the girls to join me in singing at the local care center. I have written a version of "Amazing Grace" for us to sing a cappella since everyone knows that hymn. We went to the nursing home, hospital and visited a few sick and elderly from our congregation and the girls (as always) are happy that they went when they get the grateful comments from the patients. We usually asked if the person had a favorite hymn and if they did, we tried to do our best to sing it. We got rave reviews most of the time. We gave them candy sticks, and for the diabetics we took apples and stuffed bears. The gifts and visits seemed to be appreciated.


One father of a patient at the local hospital was a rather gruff man and when we finished he looked up from his slouched state shocked and said, "Hey, that was pretty good." I laughed and said, "You act surprised, If we weren't would you say the same thing?" His daughter said, "He'd have told you." Then he said again, "You really are good." So, I will share a link with you to our youtube singing of the same. Some of our songs are rough as we really aren't together much to practice and don't sing together often but it is fun when I can wrestle them all into singing with me. Here is a link to our "Amazing Grace" version.


Another blessing this week came in the mail. I got a free $5 gift card which was nice as a WalMart near us remodeled. Another gratitude moment came when my princess number three asked her principle if he thought they could help support her some on her trip to Kenya to do the service mission. He told her that he couldn't use his funds for that but since she had gotten accepted to another summer program through the school, they would pay for that activity in full. I was VERY grateful as I had to pay for my oldest two princesses to go to that activity and as you can see by the check, it was $350 which I didn't have to pay. Can you understand why now I have tears when I think about how blessed I am in my life.


Amazing kids, beautiful home, everything I need and want is provided by my loving Heavenly Father and He uses amazingly wonderful people around me to bless my life. I don't want you to think everything in my life is roses but as far as blessings go, I truly am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment