Monday, April 11, 2011

Sorry About Friday....



So, I wasn't in the best frame of mind to write my post last Friday. I guess 4 a.m. will do that to anyone. So, I wanted to let you know what a wonderful weekend I had. On the way up to my third daughters mandatory "Kenya" service mission meeting, we turned on the radio and you won't guess what song came on.... Jimmy Eat World song "The Middle".






Not only did it come on during our three hour drive up within a song or two after turning on the radio half way up, it also came on when I was out dancing and on my home later the next night, it came on when I turned on the radio half way home.




I haven't heard that song on the radio in a very long time. After reading my post on Friday, you may see why this song meant so much. Here is a link to my first post about this song: http://thesecretisgratitude.blogspot.com/2010/04/knowing-god-knows-loves-me.html




Here are the words to the song along with the link to youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-HPOHu8mY&feature=related




"Hey, don't write yourself off yet,


It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.


Just try your best, try everything you can.


And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.


[Chorus]


It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride. Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).




Hey, you know they're all the same.


You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in.


Live right now.


Yeah, just be yourself.


It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.




[Chorus x2]


It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride. Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).




Hey, don't write yourself off yet.


It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.


Just do your best, do everything you can.


And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.




[Chorus x2]


It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride. Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright)."




I showed my fourth Angel the 800 photos of her I scanned in the other night at WalMart and she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She is excited to start scrap booking the photos. I have been so busy with life over the past few years even though she has asked many times if she could scrap book, I haven't been in a place to help her find the pictures in the bins and get her started.




Many of the photos had their cousins in them and the laughs and giggles heard around the computer while they went through the photo CD was a beautiful sound. I can't wait to get the rest of their pictures scanned even though I know it is going to be a lengthy process, I am sure it will be worth it.




This weekend was the first time that my pants started feeling "big" as I am still doing "the biggest loser" with my family. It is a good feeling to have and reach goals each month. I lost 20 lbs and then stopped losing no matter what I did until this last week again. I think I wasn't eating enough fats so I started eating more coconut oil, nuts and avocados and started losing again.




There were a few more wonderful things that happened and I hope to share them tomorrow as this post is a bit long. I do want to tell you that my third Princess did amazing driving the 6 hour round trip in a stick shift car. The snow was light while she was driving and we didn't end up taking the larger car after all. Things worked out well. So, on the way home from our weekend, we were just about to get onto the highway and guess what was right in front of our car?




Ok, you'll never guess.... It was a car from Kansas whose license plate said, "In God We Trust!" I told my kids I wanted to buy a Kansas plate just so I could have that on my car! I have NEVER seen that before and laughed about the weekend as I know God was telling me that things are "gonna be OK" and not to "write my blog off yet" and not to worry what "their bitter hearts are gonna say!" and his final word on the matter as we headed home....




"In God We (should) Trust!" Seems like a common theme. I actually tried to take a photo with my cell phone of the person's license but I couldn't read the plate in the photo so I didn't post it but the one at the top is the one off their state website to show you.




I had a great weekend and I hope you all did as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment