Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Getting a Lickin" - Whole New Meaning


About a year ago, I was having a really hard time getting my youngest Princess, along with her older sisters, to clean up their places after Dinner or snacks. I would find, napkins, plates, cups and crumbs on a regular basis.


One day, I was so frustrated with one daughter in particular that I said, "That's it, You get licked!" I walked up and licked her face! Of course everyone started laughing but really didn't think much of it until the next time she left something out.



I licked her again, she was a bit better for about a week. Then, she had a friend over and I said something about getting licked and it was cleaned up quickly.



Only two girls have gotten "lickens." My youngest actually has gotten a few "lickins" but for the most part they have gotten good at cleaning their places and not leaving items on the table.



There have been a few times I had to make a hint by sticking my tongue out but those times are getting less and less.



The other day, I found a cup and paper towel on the table and said, "Who is getting a lickin?" The other room bust out laughing. My oldest hadn't been around when the "lickin" started but I hadn't ever put "Lickin" and " Licking" or spanking together in my head. The girls thought that was the funniest.



So, I think I may cross stitch or needle point a little sampler and frame it for our dining area with something like this.............

"When you leave your table place,

please do some picking,

remove the things you brought with you

or you'll end up with a "lickin!""




Maybe I'll add a little face with a long tongue sticking out. lol It could be a great reminder for them.

1 comment: