Friday, March 4, 2011

Recipe Binder Briadal Shower Gift

I found this cute recipe binder at a second hand store the other day and thought what a cute wedding shower gift it would be filled with some of your favorite recipes. I bought it to use as a pattern.


I thought if you had everyone coming to the shower bring their favorite recipe on a card you sent in the invitation (this would make them match and would be in the person's writing) and then have them bring the recipe made to use for the food at the shower. Then, you take a picture of them with the dish at the shower and then print the picture and attach the photo and the recipe to the book there at the shower. How much more cute, personalized and fun would that be for a recipe book. Also, it would eliminate any one person having to do all the food! It would also give the bride an idea of which foods she liked and which she probably wouldn't like to make being able to taste them all at the shower.


You could use food themed paper or just use something cute as they did on this book. It looks like they stamped or printed the main categories for the book. They used a flower punch for the backing and chalked the edges. They used staples on theirs to hold the section title on the main page but I think I would have used a cute stitch with colored thread on a sewing machine. That would keep the flower on but make it cute and keep the staple from poking anyone or ripping another page.


The category titles they used are: Appetizers, Breads, Deserts, Meats and Main Dishes, Soups/Stews and Sauces, Veggies Salads and Sides. You can add what you like or perhaps leave a few main flowers blank so they can write what they want on such as "Canning" or "Snacks" on the main category pages.


I think I would add some sheet protectors with some cute food themed papers in the loose leaf recipe book. I would add pictures from the shower of some "food" themed games on the main category pages just to give them some variety. Doing this makes the book a scrap/memory book as well as a recipe book.


This one just has matching paper on the spine of the book but I think I would print the bride's name or her new name on the spine and on the back, I think I would take a photo of everyone at the shower together with the bride and have them sign around the outside so she has something cute on the back as well. Almost like a matted photo autograph page. I would also put the date on the bottom.


I think I have found a new gift idea for all the showers that are coming in our family.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I have binders with all my recipes in them, but never even thought of decorating the binders! Can't wait to dig out my scrapping supplies now! Also like the shower idea of everyone bringing a recipe!

    ReplyDelete