Monday, March 7, 2011

Jewelry Making - Beading Part 3

I meant to blog about this right after the other two posts on beading but I didn't have my sd card handy when I needed to post so it had to wait. I have had some necklaces in the past that I wished I had earrings to match or a bracelet and have searched and haven't been able to find something I liked.


So, I came up with this solution once when my necklace broke, I take some beads off the necklace or matching bracelet and make earrings out of them. I have done this about four times now and have been very happy with the results.


Here is a necklace that broke recently and I have a daughter that LOVES this type of bead necklace in all colors. She will be getting her ears pierced probably this week and her birthday is coming so I pulled out some beads from this necklace when fixing it and made a matching bracelet and earrings for her.


I've posted pictures of a few more of the earrings that I have made using bracelet or necklace parts from one's that I had. Funny thing is, I just realized that each bracelet or necklace broke giving me the opportunity to make them without having to take apart a functioning necklace. However, it could easily be done taking apart a necklace or bracelet.


I wear the matching sets much more frequently than I did before having all the matching pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment