Monday, September 19, 2022

Taking a Leave - 111 - Colonoscopy - No Yard Sale

My life has been a bit crazy lately as I am trying to get all the medical tests I need done as soon as possible.   

I haven't had medical for so long, that there are many things I need to check out, and my age brings a few tests into being. I had the sleep study last week that I shared about in a post, and then starting the next morning, did a prep for a colonoscopy. I have never had one and had NO idea what the cleanse routine would do to my system. I wanted to help it along, so I ate a grapefruit which makes everything clean out as well. I don't eat red meat so there isn't lots of stuff stuck in there for much time anyway, and eating no gluten and only one meal a day. I figured it would be fairly clear. 

Let's just say that they should give you a diaper when telling you how to prep for this. I went to the store and barely made it home, but didn't quite get to the bathroom. So, I decided to stay home from that point on. I had cramps and was in the bathroom all night. So, not much sleep the night before due to the sleep study, and then in the bathroom most of the night of the prep, so I maybe got five hours of bad sleep in two nights. 

I go get the procedure and my sister is a saint for taking me there and back. They said it was super clear and no concerns at all, it looked boringly normal! All my friends that have had them done had polyps and had to have them removed. I was so grateful everything went well and things looked so good. I woke up wide awake and the orderly told me my blood pressure was like a teens and that I woke up abnormally fast and happy. So, all in all, it was a great day. However, I started to have cramping and gas from the procedure that evening. I climbed into bed early and woke an hour later to a pop in my neck and then couldn't get back to sleep. I guess maybe the position I was in on my side caused my neck some issues. Not being able to sleep, I got up and started going through things as I was going to have a yard sale this week. 

I was feeling so horrible Saturday, I was crying with so much bloating, cramping, and a headache as we have had rain every day. I was supposed to have a yard sale this past weekend but with the rain and the procedure, I just didn't have the energy to do it. I was going to put it out on Saturday, but couldn't. 

I was going to put it out on Sunday after church, but there was LOTS of wind, and a meeting on how to use the scripture app and I wanted to learn that but my phone was dead. I charged it for a few minutes after a video chat with my girls and went to the meeting. I got home feeling so horrible and tired after only a few hours sleep in four days that when my sister came to pick a few items up I needed delivered to family as she was heading to visit some, I told her I just didn't have the energy to do it. She called her husband and twin daughters to come over and help me put them out. 

I just am so exhausted that after they left, I just couldn't do it. I had told my sister prior to that, that I may leave town for a few weeks to just get away from everything and regroup on my life priorities. I have so much I want to do relating to my mom and it has been getting more and more clear that I need to fulfill the promises we made to her on her death bed to publish her book. I stopped working on it for a few years as her stuff was getting overwhelming and now I have nearly two bedrooms and some garage area with her items in it that I need to finish organizing, cleaning, refinishing, scanning, transferring to digital etc. 

I have decided that I am taking a break from my blog. I clearly haven't done much with my YouTube channel or blog, and I keep getting notifications from Google telling me there are issues with my blog but GOOGLE owns Blogger and I can't even reply to comments anymore. It takes so much longer to post as the action buttons don't work. So, it is nearly impossible to find my blog posts on google due to the issues with blogger that I can't fix, so I will be taking a leave for now. I have over 3000 posts on there, and over 1000 videos on my YouTube channel. I have 81 I have uploaded and never taken the time to list as it takes about an hour per video and I still have lots of videos that I haven't even uploaded to YouTube that may never get uploaded or posted on YouTube. 

I keep sending YouTube suggestions to allow people to republish videos that are old and not getting views without the algorithm putting and keeping them at the bottom. I think if they would allow a "republish" button for people who have older videos on there, they would get more views as the videos would now have tags and could be found. 

I started YouTube in 2010 and so much has changed in the nearly 13 years I have been posting on YouTube. I think kids now don't want to read a blog, they want to watch short videos as their attention spans have gotten down to seconds. The most popular videos are the ones that add cuts to recapture their audiences attention every few seconds. It is a sad state for our society that people can't focus for more than a few seconds, but I feel it is time to focus on other things rather than blogging. 

I have enjoyed watching my children grow as the blog was like a journal for my family. I may pick it up again at some point, but it won't be with blogger as it is beyond help, and I think Google gave up trying to fix the bugs hoping people would move on. 

I am exhausted, falling asleep more and more as I have tried to blog these past few months, and it has lost is enjoyment in my life as I have had some nasty stalkers write dirty things about my family members as there are perverts everywhere, having been online for such a long time, I got a few pedophiles commenting and have had to delete a few posts due to the attention they drew. 

I thank those of you who have followed me for so many years and am sorry to those that I haven't been able to reply to these past many months, but appreciate all the comments you have all given me over the years. 

I thought it was so funny that two of my video's yesterday got 111 views. I took it as a sign that the choices I am making in my world are the best for my family.

I am grateful to my sister and her family for helping me put the tables out and I am sure tomorrow, he will help me put them back as I am planning some visits to my kids since I am taking this break, I want to connect with those who bring JOY into my life! I am so blessed with healthy and happy children and want peace and joy in my life. They are the peace and joy in my world! 

I will maintain the horsehairinhumans website and my YouTube videos as I feel a need, but taking this break will be such a relief. Can you imagine writing an hour or more blog post every day and a few weekends for almost 13 years! I had hoped it would bring me some financial relief, but I make less than $20 a month on the blog and I spend at least 5-10 hours taking photos, editing them, transferring them, and adding videos sometimes and then writing the post. 

If I have helped anyone, it was worth it, but it is still a fun history for my family and my kids will look up their favorite recipes at times. I think they will be happy I am not blogging anymore, but it has been a good outlet for me to share those things in a way that will allow them to be there for my grandchildren as well. 

I feel truly blessed to have this in my world and know it helped in other ways I can't share publicly, but I feel that God put it in the right hands at the right time to bless me in so many ways! I am grateful for the gratitude moments that are now there for my family to see. My 111 moments, and my "Trust in God" posts, that they can know the ways that my Father in Heaven speaks to me, and has blessed my life! 

I want to thank those friends who have been with me most of the way. Sara for suggesting I write a blog, Julie and Julie for their many generous comments and gifts, Jay for teaching me so many thing I would never have thought of on my own etc. My kids for their patience in allowing me to post their good days and their bad. My friend Katie who gave me one of my "Biggest Wins" and always has a kind word for my posts and videos. My siblings for the many times they have helped me with weddings, activities, crafts, family history projects, reunions etc. I truly love that God gave me a place to share my gratitude for so many things! 

And possibly for the last time, I hope you have a BLESSED DAY!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that you are discontinuing your blog. It's been very helpful, fun, educational, and enlightening. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your hard work. i just found you and i'm gonna read your blog and also watch all the videos in your youtube account. your work will help to my research. to this year it's almost 10 years to my research now. i will continue to do my best to find some great cure that helps to save lives. thank you again for your hard work. keep up this great work. god bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings are coming , keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so glad I came across one of your videos on YouTube today. I’ve been going through hell for three years trying to find someone who knows what it’s like. I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle and it’s so hard to find information that’s reliable. I want to try some remedies but haven’t got a clue where to start. My whole family is dealing with this. It’s so hard to witness my children in pain from this and I’ve tried so many products. I’m in a constant state of pain now and struggle with exhaustion, balance issues, vision problems, breathing troubles, and gastrointestinal upset so it’s hard to keep up with everything. Nobody is willing to help us. My doctor told me I’m on my own with this as she hasn’t got a clue how to treat us. Idk what to do. Feeling pretty hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going through the same hell on earth.. basically dismissed from 2 PC offices - 1 after asking for a chest X-ray.. the other asked ME to find a morgelleons doctor!!!??!? WTF is wrong with ppl who are supposed to respect life, be compassionate..!
      They would be fine having their child have hair knots come out of their fingertips?!? O&P SAMPLES are almost ALWAYS negative! They’re automated! If it’s not in their database they say normal’ or the sample has to be run within 30 min OR LESS to find anything! Feeling like things are vibrating under their skin? Painful ‘teeth’ poking out of their skin!!?! I have a family, I have to work and to have everyone want to give me antipsychotics or mood changing drugs … after I have videos, samples… 1000 pictures!
      They don’t want to look at them?? Are we actually in America? And we pay for our doctors to help us??
      I bought all the bleach in the store, wash clothes/bedding all day, it takes 20 minutes just to go to the bathroom.. but one entire medical community in Indiana could care less. I had my daughter and grandson move out and it is all sad and like a sifi movie!! I found a doctor on my own.. I don’t know how.. I’m so exhausted and broken down from not being seen as a person. Regardless I am smart and outgoing, love people and God, my family and … life. Seriously it’s $5000 to go to Mayo.
      Then I have to go… take off work, which I have to call frequently in because I’m exhausted.. from being emotionally belittled and tosses away by doctors that have preconceived bias so they REFUSE to treat or help find treatment… except are happy to admit for inpatient psychiatric evaluation?? And offer whatever medication that will stop you from bothering them and asking for help. It’s a sad, sad situation for me.. I’ve known some of these doctors for years.. but they are not what I thought they were.

      Delete