Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Honda Giveth and Honda Taketh - Ha Ha My Brother-in-Law Giveth

Since Princess Two has a new car, I am trying to fix up her old 2007 Honda Pilot for my use. I am still giving Gratitude for my friend Julie and her husband who made her getting the new Pilot possible. 
I paid my daughter $5000 for the car, and in my area which has larger families, it goes for about $1000 more than in other areas of the states. On eBay and other areas, it goes for about $6000. So, it could go for $7000 in the area. It may even go for a bit more, due to low mileage.

However, it needed all new tires, an alignment, the CD player wasn't working, it needed detailing, the doors weren't staying open, the springs in the second seat are bad, and there is a cigarette smell. I have spent the last week, putting in a used stereo, added a Bluetooth, USB, and aux cord component. 

I steamed the entire interior scrubbing every surface, got four new tires, ordered new door checkers to keep the front doors open, got the parts, asked my brother-in-law to help me figure out how to take off the interior door panel so I could install the parts I bought. I was able to install the cd player I got from a junk yard by myself, but I don't have the tools needed to get the door panel off, so I figured if he could get the panels off, I could install the parts. 

When I opened the packaging from a Honda parts place I ordered off of Amazon, one of the bags was open and the part looked scratched, like someone had tried to put it in. My brother in law said it was new even if it was scratched, so we went ahead and tried to put the parts in. 

The good news, is that the drivers side door part is the right one! The bad news is that the passenger door side part, the open and scratched part, didn't fit, wasn't the right part in the parts bag. 

The best part of this entire thing, is that I got to hold my nieces baby while he put the part in! He didn't want me to take a picture, but in the end I got one. 

I laughed when I opened the part and saw that the Tracking number on the package had a 111 on it! I have so much going on currently that I have been a bit stressed. 

It has been comforting to see all the 111's, finding coins to remind me to Trust in God, and seeing rainbows, and hearing songs that are important to me. Yesterday, I was talking to my sister about wedding plans for my daughter on the phone and the song playing on the overhead at the store is one that is specific to my individual family. We all used to sing it while growing up together and sing it often wen camping together. 

I contacted the parts company today and left a message and haven't heard back on the other part, but all I have left to do hopefully, is get the alignment done. 

I also noticed that when looking up the cars online, that Honda Pilot for that year was one of the top 10 rated cars. I hope I can get it to where I can drive it. I may see if I can replace the seats with ones from a newer version since the cloth seats are holding the cigarette smell and car seats have overrun the springs. Maybe if I can replace those, I can drive the car without allergies. 

Any way I look at it, I can still sell the car for what I paid for it! I didn't want Princess Two to have to worry about selling her car and knew it needed some work. I LOVE that I can charge my phone now in it, and that I can now listen to my audio books on the CD player. I enjoy listening to them as they help me stay awake. Here is a link to my love of those.  

I am so grateful to have cars that run and work properly. I am grateful for family who will help me fix broken things! I am grateful for friends that care enough to help my daughters be safe! I am feeling very blessed!  

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment