Monday, July 26, 2021

How To Organize Car Repair Receipts, Warranties, Oil Changes, Tire Rotation, Registration & Insurance

I want to share in this post how I organize my car papers, tire warranties, oil changes and tire rotation schedule, repair receipts, registration and insurance information in the car glove or jockey box. 

My Honda has a radio code that needs to be input every time the battery is disconnected. I replaced the radio and needed to put the new code from the other salvage Honda into the new car. While I was putting the new information in and after I got new tires today, I needed to update my information on the tire warranties. Walmart didn't give me any information on the tires until I asked and had to have them write the warranty on the tires on the paperwork. I was super frustrated as they are selling "Warranties" for $10 each tire to people and never even mention that the tire company offers warranties on the tires so their tire warranty is not used as they know and probably use the warranty on the tire first if you go in with a tire issue. 

I decided to share the information on how I write the warranty information on tape or on the item. I have another video on how I write it on anything I purchase so I don't forget that I have a warranty, or have to go to the file cabinet and dig for the warranty information if something goes wrong. Here is a link to that video. 

I have the papers in order of date and the new receipts go in the front so I can find them, the registration and insurance information go to the back so I can get to them quickly if pulled over, and the manuals for the car are in the center. 

I put the warranty information for anything that deals with the car on tape on the holder for the car papers so that they are easily visible and a reminder that I have a warranty on the item as so many times, we just replace the items not remembering there is a warranty. Now, I will know for sure what the tires warranty is on the new tires. 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment