Friday, April 9, 2021

Another Long Day But Feeling Blessed

I woke early and filled my car with boxes of food and distributed them. I left and didn't get back home for about 7 hours and then left again and then back home exhausted. 

I wanted to go to bed early, but as usual, I get busy doing things and don't get to bed early. I love that I get to help others by distributing food from various sources. Today the boxes were heavy and my back was a bit sore, but it was great having a car to take the boxes around and having people show gratitude for my taking time to do that. 

I went to a second hand store and found a few games and puzzles that I think my grand-kids would like and while opening one to make sure the pieces were there, there were a ton of pennies in the box with the game. I asked the manager about it and he said if I found them, they were mine. I just love when I find money as it always reminds me to trust in God. Here is a link to the first post on that. 

I also have a good friend moving. I am so sad she is leaving but she is headed to be near her kids and grandchild. She is cleaning out her house as it sold in a weekend. She has shared some things with me that her children didn't want and she gave me a Dyson Vacuum. I had no idea how expensive those are until I was at Home Depot today. They are $300 to $600 so that was very generous of her. 

I feel very blessed today being able to help others and having others bless me, and then having a reminder to trust God in so many ways. All the pennies in the photo but 2 were in that box of the game. Hopefully, it is telling me that lots of changes are coming soon! ;-) 

As I am typing this, I am listening to the latest American Idol songs as I usually have something playing in the background. I have had the entire hour and 12 minutes playing and am just about finished writing this post and the last song on the show was sung by Deshawn, a 19 year old contestant and guess what he is singing? Yes, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow!" I just thought that was funny as I was writing about "Changes, trusting in God, and being blessed". Here is a link to what that song means to me. It is a reminder that my mother is watching over me.  

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment