Monday, April 30, 2018

Last Transfer In Japan - Princess Four

Well Konnichiha to you Bijin na Hito! You're so gorgeous. Don't you forget it! Shout out at those who have/had finals and who are/will be graduating!! YOU DID IT! I aspire to be like you! 

Before we get to the miracles... 
A good friend of mine a few weeks ago asked me, How does the culture you are in affect the way you understand the atonement? 
I liked the question so much I decided to answer it here! 

People in Japan don't really know Christ. They just know there are lots of churches, and that their family has been Buddhist forever, therefore, they can't be converted because they believe their family can't become Gods if they switch religions/they don't care about religion/They've never thought about the purpose of life. Interesting stuff! Something I've learned on the mission is that Christ really atoned for everyone!

Even if they don't know it, or choose not to use it, Christ still atoned for them. Something I have also learned, is that Christ won't force you to use his atonement. He won't make you clean against your will. Being humble enough, and truly repenting bring that feeling of cleanness and wholeness. Ah. I love Christ, and am grateful for his infinite atoning sacrifice. I love that it is also an enabling atonement. It's not there to only fix broken things, but to prevent things from going wrong in the first place! I really like that.. 

This week!! We had FOUR less actives come to church. Five if you count a member who has been in the hospital. WHAT! We have 0 investigators, but we still keep trying to find them. when we are not finding we have been visiting less actives. I think they are feeling Gods love again!!! Helping people come back to Christ is just as important as helping people learn about Christ for the first time. I am grateful to have been able to do both!! 

Ummm. Oh! We saw a chiropractor this week! Shout out at this congregation having 3 chiropractors! The member was willing to do for free, but we paid a little bit. Shout out to awesome members! 

We were able to do service this week! OH! WE FINALLY WON GRANDMA VOLLEYBALL THIS WEEK!!! Yay! So happy! But a different service is that we helped someone move. I love raking leaves! Dear mom. Thanks for preparing me for that! Be prepared to do all the yard work together when I get home! It's been too long!! 

Also a ton of new people have been coming to eikaiwa just out of the blue from flyers in their mailboxes... so that is super weird, and awesome, and a miracle! 

Oh also transfers were this week! Surprise. For my last transfer I am staying with sister Koba!!!  YAY! STAYING IN OBI!!!! Also, we are getting portable wifi this week. Low key better than a smart phone!!! Yay!!!! 

Also, the cherry blossoms are here, and its the best!!! Hope you have a day that is as beautiful as you!!! Bye bye!!! 

Video and Pictures first, just to make sure they send! 
Eikaiwa. We are learning Popcorn Popping. This is the Japanese Version! 
The district. bye elder Gardner.
The candy we gave to the Bike shop guy!! All is well!!! 
When you meet a member on the street and go to lunch together. shimai.
The elders gave us presents! 
Pokémon cards!
Eikaiwa.
a sweet potato...... oh man I'm in love! 
My beautiful Sister President! She and President are my faves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment