Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Pomegranate Peel Tea or Powder - Good For Lots Of Things


I shared a few days ago how I felt like I should keep the pomegranate peels over the holidays. I didn't know why and what to do with them but felt like I should dehydrate them for some purpose. I have thrown out hundreds of pomegranate peels in my life and never gave it a second thought so it was weird of me to keep them this season.

I posted here on the easiest way to peel pomegranates.

This is a link to where I posted about what I found after I saved the pomegranate peels.

Here is a link to the best way to freeze pomegranate. 

In order to use the peels, they need to be dehydrated. Once you have peeled, seeded and rinsed the peels, make sure to cut out any bad spots or rotten places and place the remaining peels on a dehydrator.

I dehydrated my peels for about 24 hours on 130 degrees. I made sure they were super dry as I needed the powder to be dry enough to last for awhile. Once dry, I took the pomegranate peels, ground them into a powder form using the Vitamix blender or my coffee grinder. You need any grinder that can powder dry ingredients. 

Once the peel is in a powder form, I use boiling water and put a teaspoon of powder into the boiling water and let is sit for a few minutes and then I drink it. It tastes a bit like pomegranate but a bit more sour. 

You can use a tea strainer if it is chunky but I like getting the benefits of as much as I can so I just drink the small chunks. 

Before ever using the peeling, I did some research on the benefits of pomegranate peels and found that it has lots of benefits. Some of them are different than any I have heard of before. The peel has UV protection for the skin which is something I have not heard of any fruit doing so that is cool.


It always amazes me that each region produces fruit and vegetables that are needed for the people living in the region. Pomegranates only grow in warm sunny places and have a thick human type skin. It is high in vitamin C and anti-oxidants. 

The more interesting thing to me was that it has liver detoxifying properties and with my yellow eyes, you can see why I would be interested in cleaning out my liver.

There are many sites on the internet that have information on the benefits of pomegranate peels and the one I found most helpful was one I sent my girls to. Here is a link to that site

I am so grateful to my angels watching over me that they would guide me to something that would help my liver. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment