Friday, December 8, 2017

Golden Ticket Winner - Gratitude Moment at Christmas Dinner

I wasn't feeling well today and have so much going on that I had to get stuff done. 

I decided to go and support the women putting on the Christmas Dinner for our church women's group called "Relief Society." They had a wonderful program with music, pictures, and expressions of Christ. They then served a beautiful meal but with my gluten issues, I wasn't able to eat anything. 

Since I wasn't feeling well, I almost left but was enjoying visiting with some of the women. They announced that there were tickets on the bottom of the chairs and whoever got the ticket on their chair won the poinsettia in the center of the table. 

I was thrilled when I saw the "golden ticket" on the bottom of my chair. It made my night along with several other little blessings. They had Princess Fours favorite mints in the center of the table which gave me a little reminder of my Princess in Japan. 


At the end of the night, they gave everyone a cute little block with a picture of Christ, Mary, and Joseph on it. They also had us take one for each of the women we visit each month who weren't there tonight. 

In our church, each woman visits a few other women and then someone visits us each month. It is a great system to keep track of each person and make sure they are doing well. If they need something we can help or find someone to help. It has been a blessing in my life and at times, I have been the blessing in others lives. 

I am so grateful that I was able to go and enjoy visiting and being inspired by the great program that they presented and now I get to enjoy the poinsettia and have that as a reminder during the entire Christmas season. 

The story of the poinsettia:

"What is the meaning of poinsettias? Also known as the Christmas Star and Christmas Flower, it's said that poinsettias’ association with Christmas comes from a Mexican legend. The story goes that a child, with no means for a grander gift, gathered humble weeds from the side of the road to place at the church alter on Christmas Eve. As the congregation witnessed a Christmas miracle, the weeds turned into brilliant red and green flowers.
Named after Joel Roberts Poinsett, first United States ambassador to Mexico and the amateur botanist who introduced the plant to the U.S. in 1825, the poinsettia is also known as Mexican Flame Leaf, Winter Rose, Noche Buena and, in Turkey, Atakurk's Flower, because it was the favorite flower of Atakurk, the founder of modern Turkey.
While considered by the ancient Aztecs to be symbols of purity, in today's language of flowers, red, white or pink poinsettias, the December birth flower, symbolize good cheer and success and are said to bring wishes of mirth and celebration."

How can I not feel so blessed!? I hope you have a Blessed Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment