Monday, December 18, 2017

Jolly Old St Nick - Grandkids and Santa Moment

Being with Princess One's family for four days this past week was such a joy. I had a "first" experience this week. 

I got to see the grandchildren visit with Santa! It took me back to when their mother was a little girl and I would dress her up to meet Santa and the Easter Bunny at the local mall. 

We would go wait in line to get a chance for her to sit on his lap and take a picture with him but I think there were more scary pictures of her screaming at a young age than with a smile. We had to pay to get a picture and you had to go back and pick them up or have them mailed to your home. You never got to see the product until later so sometimes they weren't the best pictures.

I wondered what Grand-Princes One would be like with the bearded man but he was calm and happy with no issues. 

What I really liked about Santa was that he talked to her about what she could do to help mom out around the house and being obedient to her mother. 
Princess was so attentive listening to his words. I don't know if she could figure the entire thing out but she really enjoyed sitting with him. 

We enjoyed going to Princess One's church congregation party which was a dinner and Santa came and they had a great back drop painted and they provided a photographer. I wish I would have gotten all four of the family in the picture as Santa was really good and I think it would be a cute family photo. 

I tried in three different locations to get a great picture of the kids and tried a few times to get one of the family but it seemed like one of the kids was always looking at Princess Two or kids running around etc so I had a super hard time getting anything good. 

Princess Two loved being there and seeing the kids as well. I was grateful to be able to "tag team" so I could do activities that were for an older child but the baby didn't want to miss out on so she was SUPER helpful entertaining him! 

It was SO much fun being there with the kids and I could tell the kids enjoyed us being there. I am excited to meet Grand Prince number 2 coming in April! I LOVE my grandchildren!

Have a BLESSED DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment