Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Easy Fix to Cars Peeling Door Handle Metal

I wrote a blog post about how I spent hours peeling the metal off the inside door handle of my new car and used spray paint to cover the plastic once it was peeled. Here is a link to that post. 

When I was fixing up Princess Two's car this week, Princess Two was helping and she opened the passenger side door and said that the metal was peeling off it as well and worried it would cut someone so she asked if I could fix it.

I wasn't thrilled with the outcome of the other handle and the fact it cut me many times and took forever to peel the metal off the plastic so I figured I would try something else. We actually looked for fingernail polish that would look like the chrome to see if we could just paint it but we couldn't find anything that would work.

I shared on the last post that I thought maybe just using aluminum duct dryer tape would work better so this time I tried that. I wondered if silver duct tape would get sticky when it was hot so I used the aluminum tape instead. You can purchase it at any Hardware store. it is used to connect the dryer vent to the dryer and wall. 

I just cut off a small section of tape and put it over the ripped metal area. I will have to update you to see how it stays over time. This is the latest "fix" for us but Princess Four has this issue in her new car so if this doesn't work, we'll have to figure out something else.

One would think the car companies would fix this problem. Two of the cars are Hondas and mine is a Dodge and my sisters car was a Chrysler so it seems to just be an industry wide issue. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment