Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Making Your Own Essential Oil Diffusers Part 2

I am not sure why I have been thinking about this so much lately but when I was writing my post last week about making a cheap diffuser, I had the feeling that perhaps we may need these and need them to be cheap and portable in the future. 
 
So many people know the benefits of essential oil but it is usually expensive to find a good diffuser. I have last weeks post about it here.   
 
This is a link to the original post where I came up with using a nebulizer etc here.  

Here is a link to how we came up to diffuse oils in the car. 

It still has been on my mind and I found these things this week and thought I would share. I think I have come up with the best way to diffuse oils with the least amount of out lay and expense. 
 
Pepper shakers!!!

I kept pondering on what would be the cheapest without much work and I found this cool little oil dispenser for olive oil as it has a little straw that allows air in when you are using it. It would also allow oils out if the air was going into the main pour tube! 


I also found this cute jar to put it on and for both it was under a $1 at the second hand store. 

Then, I continued to ponder. I thought about how it could be made cuter so I purchased this little decorative vase for $1 at the second hand store and used the rubber humming bird feeder in it and it worked great! 


I continued pondering on it as that still required a cork of some kind. I found the best thing after thinking on it..... If you get a salt or pepper set that has holes in the top with a screw on lid, you can then drill a hole and insert the oxygen tubing and the holes already in the top allow the diffused oils to go into the air. 


Of course there are some conditions for this. It HAS to be a shaker with a top opening. oils will eat through cork or leak around plastic so a screw on top is a MUST.

Also, it has to have somewhere in the lid that you can drill a hole for the tubing to go in. You can find a tall one so you can use the glass dropper on it but I used each of these shown tonight without the glass dropper and they all diffused the oils into the air fairly well. If you get a air bubbler fish pump that has a bit more power or several settings, it worked better but even with the little pump, the air was scented.


I used the same drill bit on my Dremel tool to make the hole as I did on last weeks post but from now on, I will just keep my eye open at second hand stores for cute salt and pepper shakers! It was $0.50 for the shaker used. 
 
I did like the look of the cute jar and the vase for more formal rooms but if it is in a bedroom, it wouldn't matter what you used. The vase sure would be cute on a window or table in the entry, or front room to make it smell good and still look good.


I thought I would update that post before anyone goes out and purchase anything. Now there are several options you can choose from to diffuse in your home, school, office, hotel room etc. 


Oils helped save my mom in the hospital and I have a firm knowledge that they can help keep you healthy and heal you when sick. They have blessed my life so I share this knowledge in hope that others can be helped by them as well by making them affordable to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment