Monday, June 29, 2015

Live Life Anchored - Part 2 Personalized Keychains

I made some beach bags for our girls camp and since they look all the same, we were looking for a way to make a name tag for each bag and we were trying to make it look like a travel tag. 
 
I spent some time sewing some ribbons and attaching them to a plastic holder to look like an actual travel tag. After sewing a few, I thought they looked cute but I realized that a teenager wouldn't probably walk around with a cute bag with an big luggage tag. 
 

I decided to look for a different option. I was thrilled to find a fun item at a second hand store. 
 
They had a bin full of new key chains. It took me a minute to realize that you could put whatever you want on the inside and the one side lights up. I got them for 25 cents each and got enough to have one for each bag. 


We have been looking for a cute "theme" to put on the sweat pants I bought and altered. Click here for that post.

 
We searched online for a cute theme and came up with "Live Life Anchored" for the them. 

We found a cute pattern for this and actually contacted the company that printed the pattern and they said we could use the pattern for our sweat pants. 

I wanted to make the same pattern on the key chain / name tags for the bags. 
 
They were great to allow me to print it up by sending me some little versions in blue and black and I was able to manipulate them to fit the size I needed to go into the key chain.
 
I used the "image here" sign to measure the anchor sign and name tag sides of the chain. 

I printed them up and cut them down using a fiskars cutter. When I got down to cutting them into individual tags, I found it easier to use the scissors. 

It was easy to remove the inserted tag by pulling the little bottom edge open and tapping the key chain on something and the insert falls out. 

To put the design we wanted in, all we had to do was slide it in and close the bottom edge.

It was such a blessing to find them and make them cute for the girls. It was easy and I think it is something that they will use and also remind them of a fun week at camp and hopefully help remind them of the theme and the lessons learned there.          

No comments:

Post a Comment