Monday, August 18, 2014

Single Mom on the Run - Sleep-itus and 111

I can't believe I didn't take pictures of Princess Five driving the car for four hours today. You would think I had a busy day as I am always taking pictures. I have probably taken 2000 pictures in the past week with four performances of the play and her first game cheering. I took pictures of the cast and many of every scene so I could share them with the kids in the play.

So, I feel sad that I didn't get a picture of her first real driving but am VERY glad it is over as it was such a long day. I woke with a really sore neck like I got hit in my sleep or something and can't turn my head far and it is causing headaches as well as the stress of teaching a new driver and driving six hours in a Metro with four people and a trunk full of college stuff.

I really should have taken a picture as I had that trunk stuffed with two large totes, a book shelve of glass, two shoe racks, a vacuum and a bag of clothes for Princess Two. That is a lot to fit in a Chev Metro.

In the car we had two small coolers, clothes for us for church, the kids bags, a camera that someone lost in our town on the fourth of July that lived two hours away and we told them we would meet them at the highway today and a few things for family members.

Princess Two gave me my birthday present since I didn't know when I would see her and she got me several books on audio because she knows me so well. Click here for a post on that.

My sister also not knowing when she would see me gave me a gift bag as well. I didn't have time to look at it as I was dropping over to my mothers with her birthday gift and then Princess Five drove home amidst some stressful moments. 

When we arrived home, between my headache, the stress of her driving for four of the six hours and sitting that long and getting up early, I was exhausted. I took a few hour nap and would have been in for the night but Princess five can't go to bed without waking me up so she woke me to let me know she was going to bed so I got up and put things away and saw what my sister had given me and was THRILLED!

She makes these homemade flax crackers that I LOVE! I don't go to her city much anymore as we used to stay with her almost monthly, I enjoyed them often but now, I haven't had any in years. They are time consuming to make and I have never tried to make them but have purchased the stuff before but with my busy life, it is just one more thing to put on the list as it isn't a necessity, it gets pushed further and further down the list.

We did the trunkload of stuff up to my dad who was at the family function today and he said he would take it to the family function next week which is a 5 to 6 hour drive from our home. I don't want to have to drive the Suburban to take Princess Three's stuff to college as she is going to the school that is about 15 minutes from my brothers home. So, we are all headed up to his home next weekend and we are moving Princess Three into college the day before. It will save on gas and my sister and her husband took a few bins she didn't need when we moved her out after our reunion so with them taking a load and my dad taking a load, I am hoping we can fit the rest in our two cars with our over night bags.

It was a busy day and my head is banging but I stayed up working on the "Snoopy" quilt for Princess Three and now I am really tired and my sister sent me this picture today joking about my having Sit-itus even at the hospital. I laughed more about the fact that the picture showed up on my email and the size of the picture was displayed above it stating the pictures is 1119.8 kb. So, her attempt to make me smile about the "Sit-itus" prank "someone" played, made me smile even more because it was a reminder from Heavenly Father that everything will be "OK." Click here for the sit-itus post and click here for the funny thing "someone" did with sit-itus. 

My day on the run isn't over as it is 6:20 a.m. and my head hurts and I can hardly move my neck. But, I got two wonderful gifts from people who love me and a little reminder from Heavenly Father and Princess Five drove and I'm still alive so it was a good day! Oh, I also got a call from Princess Four at 2:30 a.m. last night telling me how much fun she is having at college and about a boy she met etc, etc, etc. Good times all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment