Monday, June 23, 2014

In a Little People House - Happy Birthday Princess Two



We weren't around Princess Two when it was her birthday. Everyone was in the middle of finishing up school and graduations etc so we didn't have a party or do anything. 


Since then, I have sent her a few gifts but we never actually sang and did the birthday thing so when she was coming home for a weekend, we decided to decorate for her. 

We got out the crepe paper and banner and blew up some balloons for her and as she came in the house, we started singing.

You can see she was surprised by our doing this as it isn't near her birthday but I think she liked it. 


I was also excited that I was able to find a Fisher Price "Little People House." 

This was Princess Two's favorite toy when she was little. She would play with it for hours and would feed her little people and talk with them. I have a video of her talking to the people and playing with the house. 


Interestingly enough, her favorite book was the book, "In a People House" By  Dr. Seuss. She would read the book to her "little People." 

I got rid of many of the toys they had as children which upset a few Princesses as they wanted several of them but I hadn't learned to ask them all if they wanted something before getting rid of it. 


So, when we were going through the toys and picking numbers to see who got what, Princess One ended up with the little people house and figures. (Here is a link to how we do our inheritance to keep things fair.)

I know my siblings ended up with ours that I had as a child as I didn't live in the state when my parent's home was cleaned out so I don't have any toys of mine that I had as a child.

Perhaps that is why I didn't hold onto all their toys. Anyway, Princess Two was a bit sad she didn't end up with that toy but she got some others that she wanted so I kept in mind that she was looking for one. 

I found one at a second hand store the other day and figured it was worth the price for her to have it. It didn't have all the original furniture and people but I had some I had collected over the years and hoped I would find another house eventually. So, I had an extra car and beds etc. 


I think she looks happy with her little people birthday gift. I am sure at some point she will have a use for it. 

Happy Late Birthday Princess Number 2. Hope all the extra birthday days you have had this year were WONDERFUL! LOVE you and am proud of the Princess you have become!

No comments:

Post a Comment