Thursday, June 12, 2014

How to Use a Regular Tie as a Bow Tie


I was at a second hand store the other day and one of the clerks was wearing a bow tie. 
I commented on how I liked his tie and he told me it was a regular tie that was just tied into a bow tie. I thought that was cool so he grabbed a few of the ties they had for sale and started making bow ties out of them. 


He was very fast at it and what I thought was interesting was that a tie that makes an ugly neck tie can actually be a cute bow tie. 
 
His argyle neck tie made into a bow tie is actually cute but I don't think most men would wear that print in a neck tie. 


I asked him if I could take a few pictures of him making the ties. He said I could so I started taking pictures of each step. 


It was on my phone which doesn't take the greatest photos so instead of typing out all the instructions here and trying to make sense of it, I figured you could look at the photos and I put a few links to videos on youtube on here. The first is one that is similar to the way he tied the ties. 


The second video I have is a man making the bow tie while he is wearing the tie. It doesn't look as nice in my opinion and I don't like that he has half of the tie shoved inside his shirt but it is another option if you can't get the other to work or just like his bow better. 
 
He also sticks the other end just barely folded over so I think it could come undone so that is another reason I like the first way better. 

Since I am not a man and don't have any in our home, this isn't something I would perfect but I did think it was worth sharing for those of you who do have boys.  
 
It is a cute idea and I like that you can dress up any shirt with this type of tie. I think it could work with a cumber-bun and could work for prom even.

No comments:

Post a Comment