Friday, January 17, 2014

Gratigories - Gratitude through Scattergories

I had a woman ask me to go to her church youth class one Sunday to speak to her class about my "Gratitude" stories and blessings.

I talked for a few minutes and after I finished speaking, she handed out a paper with "Gratigories" on the top.

She had numbers on the papers and gave everyone 2 minutes to write down all the things they could think of that they were grateful for.

At the end of the two minutes, she asked one person to read off the number one on their list.

Lets say that person wrote 1- My parents. If anyone in the room had "Parents" on the list, they would cross it off their list and the person who had it for number one would cross it off their list as well.

If someone read something off their list and no one else had that list, they would not cross it off their list.

We each took turns listing off something on our list and when everyone had finished reading everything on their list, we counted up the items we had on our list that weren't crossed off.

The person with the most items not crossed off their list won a prize.

Her lesson was obviously on gratitude and I thought it was a fun way to help youth appreciate their blessings. It would be a nice family game as well.

I am grateful for amazing youth teachers and everything else on my list.

1 comment:

  1. I am impress to see your Article, I want to be one of your fan.Really great Article on gratitude

    ReplyDelete