Thursday, November 17, 2011

Spice Rack Button Holder




I went to a boutique the other day that my sister had a booth at to drop something off and while there I saw her cute button holder. She was at a second hand store and found a spice rack that had two rows of clear jars. She bought it and took it home and washed it. She then sorted her buttons by color and put them in it.


A few days later I was shopping at a second hand store and they had this interesting piece of wood with little jars attached to it by the lid. Someone took a square piece of long wood similar to a dowel but square. They screwed lids from baby food sized jars into the piece of wood alternating them on each side. They put two screws into each lid so that it would hold and wouldn't twist around when the jar was unscrewed. You can see it here in this photo.


The jars had nuts and bolts in them when I bought it. I didn't want to use it for bolts but thought it would be cute used for the buttons I have in a similar way that my sister used it. I had my buttons in drawers inside baggies. Here is a picture of how they were before sorted in the drawers. I sorted them out again into a few more options of colors and screwed a hanging hook on the top so that I could hang it from a rod so I could see the colors clearly when needed.


It would be cute for lots of different scrap booking or sewing uses. I like that you can see clearly what you want. For me, I have all my scissors, ribbons and other things hanging so it will fit right in with the rest of my craft room.

No comments:

Post a Comment