Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Bouquet of Map Flowers

Princess number one was thinking of holding a bouquet of pinwheels for her bouquet and I thought perhaps we could integrate some small pinwheels into the bouquet so I bought some silk flowers and made some small pinwheels and placed them in the cream colored flowers. She then thought she would get live flowers which I quickly rejected telling her that she would have to worry about someone holding them or keeping them in water and it is December and they could freeze and look horrible by the reception time. I told her she would need three bouquets if she were to do real as she would need one for the reception, one to throw and one for the wedding.


My AMAZINGLY talented younger sister told me that her "cricket" has some paper flowers that look real as you layer them. They have six three dimensional designs on one of their sets and layered two dimensional on other sets.



My sister took this map that I thought would be good for the blue in the bouquet and within about 2 minutes, she had the rose at the top. She cut it using the "cricket" and then used a spray bottle to spray the paper and then she crinkled it into a ball and then opened it and started wrapping it around itself starting at one end.



Within two minutes she had it wrapped and we used tape to hold it and there it is! She used some tan paper she had for the other flower. We pulled out some of the cream real maps that she can use for the lighter colors.



So, her bouquet will be out of maps for the most part. I will make sure I show you the finished product. The nice thing about the "cricket" is that you cane cut them in any size so she will have big and little flowers all out of paper. She also used "chalk" on the edges on some making them look like the multicolored flowers with darker tips as on the tan flower at the top.

I look forward to seeing it! My AMAZINGLY talented sister is making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment