Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lining Up Before the Fun - Family Traditions


Ever since I can remember, my family has lined up on Christmas and Easter from youngest to oldest to go into see what Santa and the Easter Bunny brought.

In my scrapbook, I have picture of each year. As I was going through some photos looking for a blog post picture, I started finding all the pictures from the past 8 years of the holiday line-up.


We usually do one normal from youngest to oldest and then do one silly picture. In the pictures you can see some of our normal pictures lined up and some of our "silly pictures" lined up.


While searching through some family history things while organizing my mothers stuff, I found a family history of my dad's family. It was one of my grandparents talking about how they used to line up Easter and Christmas morning and eat a hard boiled egg before they could go in and see what presents had arrived.


I had forgotten until then that we also used to have to eat an egg before going in. I HATED hard boiled eggs so I remember having to eat half a grapefruit before my mom would let us go in and gorge on candy. It probably was a smart move on the parents part to fill the children up with an egg and make sure they get something healthy before the deluge of sugar and chocolate.



I have kept this tradition going with my kids and if you want to see one of the funniest videos of our line up,click on the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment