Thursday, February 24, 2022

Using Sharkbite or Aqualock to Repair Pipe / Fittings on Trailer

I was working on replacing a bi-pass valve on my trailer water heater and kinked the tube while trying to put the new valve on. 

I was worried that if I tried to repair it the same as what it was before I started, I would kink the tubing again and have to replace even more of the piping. 

I went to the trailer supply store in town and told them of my dilemma and they told me of a product they sell that is a push in and lock fitting to fix the problem in straight fittings or elbows and in several different diameters! 

I used it in my trailer and it saved me so much work!!! It was amazing! I was able to fix the pipe with a push and pull out lock fitting. 

I was at a party a few days later, and my brothers were talking about a water problem on my fathers waterline in his motor home. I mentioned the part I bought called Aqualock, and my brother-in-law said, "Oh like Sharkbites!" I had never heard of any of these products, but he said he used them all the time in his trailer. My dad bought the straight sharkbite repair part and it worked great. 

The part I used was a swivel elbow 1/2 inch thread down to 3/8 inch push repair. 

I then share in the video how to replace the hot water heater drain valve. I used a dremel the first time to drill out the brass drain and had to be careful to not damage the threads on the drain itself. 

I also share how I buy used or clearance black out blinds and take them to be cut to size. 

 I am grateful to the workers at the trailer part store who made my life so much easier by sharing about the push fix parts.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment