Thursday, February 10, 2022

Looking for a New Car


I ran into someone at the DMV who was getting a new title for his mothers car as she passed away and he wanted to get it in his name so he could sell it. 

He is in a city about 20 minutes drive away from my town. I have been trying to find a time when my mechanic could look at the car so I was finally able to see my mechanic today so I drove the 20 minutes and the car looked great from the outside. 

It was a 2012 Ford Escape. I looked up problems with the car and they said it has transmission issues. It has 145,000 miles on it but when I climbed in and started it, it was a rough start and it was really dirty. It was also a cheaper model and not as nice as the car I currently drive. 

My car only has 109,000 miles on it but is a 2011. It overheats on long trips in the summer so I thought if I could find a car that worked well, I could sell my car and get one with all wheel drive for those long winter trips to visit my grandchildren. 

I called my mechanic and talked to him about the car and told him I was worried about the rough start, but warmed up it seemed to get better and he said that wasn't a good sign. I didn't want to waste his time looking at it if it wasn't a good deal for me, so I gave up on the idea and drove home. 

I have still been dealing with the left overs from the strep I got after Covid. I was so tired I fell asleep in the chair to write this for several hours and regret that choice as it hurts my neck sleeping in the chair. 

So, I will keep my eyes open for another car that will maybe work for me. I hope I can get some sleep and shake this lingering illness. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment