Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Halloween Yardwork Only Half Done

I have been trying to get things done the yard and have shared that I am struggling to get the yard work done as I haven't been feeling well. 


I had a few hours on Halloween that I could work in the yard so I started planting the roses and shrubs that I bought a few weeks back. Here is a link to the post where I share about that. 

I have so much grass growing in my garden beds that I decided I would just landscape it like I did in the back so I could just spay spot poison if the weeds get through the cardboard and barrier I put down below the bark mulch. 


I had put out all the Trick-or-Treat stuff earlier in the day and thought I would just work in the yard until the kids came, however, I got all the plants in the ground but didn't have any bark to put on top of the barrier, so I ran to the store and bought a few bags of the bark mulch so that I could hold down the barrier. 


I ordered more to be delivered so I could finish the back yard and start on the front. I was able to get half the front bed done in between kids coming for Halloween.   

I finished the area well after dark and the kids had stopped coming, but at least I got a portion of it finished. It seems like it takes a week to get what I could get done in a day before, but I have to be happy that I am getting something off my list. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment