Friday, May 28, 2021

I LOVE Being a Grandma - Getting To Watch A Game

I have attended many games for my children. When watching their games, I would always see grandparents at the games watching their grandchildren. I was always sad that my children didn't have grandparents to watching their games. 
I decided that when my children were old enough to play in recreational leagues, I would do my best to be there to watch them play. My friends are all the age now where they get to go watch their children's games.Their children married locals and they live in this same small town. 

My girls never want to move back to this small town. They are all living in other places in bigger cities or far away cities. I would love to move near my girls, but since they aren't married and don't know where they will end up, I don't want to move somewhere just to find out they are moving elsewhere when they get married. 

So, for now, I just live where I am in hopes that someday I will be closer to my grandchildren. Until then, I will just have to plan visits around events in my grandchildren's lives. 

Princess Three and her boyfriend were going to visit Princess Ones family so they could meet her boyfriend. They invited me to the weekend and I asked when the closest softball game would be to that weekend, and found out that Grand-Princess-One had a softball game a few days before the weekend. 

I then made sure I arrived early as I didn't want any traffic or something to keep me from seeing her play. I arrived and we got ready and went to the game. It was much different than the games we had as ours were on real ball fields. I was mortified at how crazy the games were as there were kids everywhere, each kid lined up had their own metal bats, and they were lined up near the batter. The batters would throw their bats. The foul balls were flying into watchers who were sitting on the ground near the baselines. The other teams playing were all within feet of the other teams, and all were playing on a soccer field. 

I had a hard time enjoying watching as the surrounding children playing were all in the line of fire, the kids in line were swinging their bats and could have hit another child, there were baby strollers within a foot or two of the first baseline and my grandsons were running around near the baseline and the balls flying made it really stressful. 

I LOVED taking photos of Grand-Princess-One and she checked that we were watching her as she reached each base. She played pitcher, catcher, third base, and a rover. She was so cute as she asked me "did you watch me on every base?" as she really cared that I was there and watching her play. 

It was so crazy and noisy, but I was surprised at how most of the watchers weren't really cheering for the kids. It seemed more of a social even for the parents. In the end, it is more about supporting my Grand-Princess. I LOVED seeing her play. I took lots of pictures and she was SO happy that I went to watch her play. 

It was well worth going a few days early to see her play and let her know that she is loved. It was good to be able to be there to support her! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment