Friday, September 11, 2020

My House Threw Up Tupperware - 10 boxes or More



Princess Four and I are getting ready for a yard sale. We are packing up everything into banana boxes and going through as many things as we can in the next week. 

I talked to some neighbors and they have a desire to have a yard sale as well so I am going to advertise it as a neighborhood yard sale and hope that it will draw people out to come. I could use the money and I am REALLY excited to get stuff out of the house! 

Today's project was to collect all the Tupperware I have and
get rid of most of it. With just me at home now for the most part, I don't much dried fruit and vegetables anymore. 


I have been collecting every Tupperware container I could for years to keep my dried items in as it is the only thing that keeps the fruit months out! 

I have shared many times on my blog posts about using Tupperware for storing the dried fruit. I have never seen all the Tupperware in the same room for the past 10 years. I couldn't believe how much I have! 

Here is a link to my first post about it over ten years ago.

Here is another one where I share about the moths getting into containers.

Here is another where I show how many containers I filled in one season. 

Princess Four started pulling it out of the storage room and putting it in the kitchen and box after box came out. She then pulled out everything I had in the kitchen and I sorted out what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to get rid of at the yard sale. 

She looked up the nesting containers online and the sets go for $30 each and I probably have 10 sets or more of the nesting containers in different colors.

I took pictures of the empty containers in the house and the three boxes so far I am selling, and then I took a picture of the three overflowing containers that are FULL of veggies and fruit that I am going to transfer into Ziplock bags and put into 5 gallon buckets and give away since I can't eat most of it anymore. Princess One may want some of it for her family. 


I also have full containers in my kitchen with the dried fruit we snack on when the girls come home. Most of the largest nesting containers are full in my kitchen cupboards! I could use the funds and the space that all those containers have be taking up. 

It feels so good to be finally getting to that as I have been focusing on other things but have had that on my "list" for about 2 years now. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment