Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A Wildfire Out of Control - Fourth Visit

We decided to go to visit Princess One and her family for the fourth of July. It was a last minute decision.  

We were trying to find a way to see all the girls at some point over the holiday but two are taking time off later in the month for a trip to DC and NY with me so they had to work and save their vacation time. Princess Four and Five had the entire week off so we decided to spend the fourth with Princess One and celebrate Grand Prince One's second birthday with them. (See a post about his birth here

We have been having wild fires on and off for weeks and some around my town but those were cleared up and Princess One warned me that they had been having wild fires and I may run into them on our long drive to visit. Most of the drive was clear but the second half of the drive we could see some fires in different spots. This one spot was really weird. We received an evacuation alert on our phones which was alarming and then on one side of the car, there were blue skies and on the other, yellow orange smoke. 

It was dark and night like on the one side and seriously blue cloudy skies on the other and it was such a stark contrast that I had princess Five take a video as I just couldn't get over the difference. 

It is such a dry summer so far that everything is ripe for fires and it is worrisome as any little thing can effect lives. 

We had to recirculate the air in the car as the smoke smell was so strong. It started irritating my eyes. I had a day last week where the smoke was so bad in my area that I had difficulty breathing when working outside. It worried me so we just recycled the air in the car to avoid that happening today. 

It was towards the end of our trip when I looked over and saw the sun breaking through the smoke creating rays down through and it was so beautiful I had Princess Five pull out the camera again. 

They evacuated several hundreds of families in the area to a high school  which we happened to pass on our trip and it was sad to see people pulling bedding out of their cars to sleep at the school. I can't imagine the stress of wondering if everything you own is going to be wiped out in a few minutes. 

Please join me in praying for the families that are being affected by the fires and for those fighting the fires. One of my dearest friends just spent a few weeks on a fire crew and said how much work it is and how hard the fighters work. 

It was interesting to me that there is beauty in everything. Even seeing wildfires in nature can be beautiful and the sun through the smoke streaking the rays was beautiful. 

I'll be praying for the fighters and the families affected. Have a Blessed and fire free day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment