Thursday, April 17, 2014

If Momma Was Married - Gypsy

I think I shared this week that the girls did a play but I wanted to share that Princess Four and Five went to region Drama and took Superiors in their musical theater scene. They did a song from the play "Gypsy" called "If Momma Was Married." 


I didn't get to be at region drama so when they performed it at the Spring Arts Night, it was the first time I saw them doing it in costume and on stage. The lights were a bit bright and the sound was loud but I was impressed at how well they did. 


Being from a small town, many people know I am single and there are some funny lines in the song. When the girls sing, " Momma get out your white dress. You've done it before, Without much success!" There was an audible laugh from the audience.
 


I can't say I haven't wished they would have picked a different song to sing and don't ever remember hearing this song so it wasn't one I was familiar with but Princess Five listened to songs for hours before picking this song. 
 

I think she liked that the girls in the scene were sisters and in some way, I think she really would like me to get remarried. It just seems that life is so busy and the girls seem to need me so that hasn't been a priority in my life. 


The girls did an amazing job and I hope I will be able to go to State Drama to see them perform it again. 

The judges all commented on how well their voices harmonize. I must say, I have to agree. Click here to see them perform for youself.

No comments:

Post a Comment