Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cute Easter Fingernails - Grass and Eggs

We had a fun weekend without leaving the house much. We had a televised conference for our church so we painted toenails and fingernails this weekend. 

I did both girls toes. They couldn't have their toes of fingernails painted while they competed in dance so they both LOVE when they can get their nails done. 

I used some crackle polish on Princess Four's toes and forgot to take pictures of the girls toes but Princess Five wanted her nails done in the "Del Sol" fingernail paint.


Del Sol is a company that created paint that changes in the sun when the UV rays hits it. Depending on what mineral they use in the paint, makes the color change to that mineral color. They have about 20 different color changing polishes.  They also make shirts etc but we have several of their fingernail polishes. 

The color in the bottle is the color it is on the nails inside. The color on the top of the lid is the color that the polish changes when you go outside.  

Princess Five picked the light off white color and then wanted green grass as decoration. 

I practice on a piece of paper and ended up using both green colors that we have in the thin tipped nail art bottles. 

I then suggested that I make "Easter Eggs" on the grass as Easter is coming. She thought that would be great.  

We picked some bright colors in the nail art thin tipped brushes which are easier to decorate with and I did my best to make eggs on her nails in the "grass." 

You may need to blow up the pictures a bit more to see details but she said her favorite is the thumb on the right but I think that may be due to the fact I was sitting next to her instead of in front of her. 
 
I wish we had those nail art pens so we could have decorated the eggs with their thin tips. I priced them at WalMart and they are $15 a set and they have two color schemes for sale. It may be fun at some point to get those but now that there aren't many girls around, I have WAY too much fingernail polish as it is.      

The girls are so busy with the last few weeks of school and soon Princess Four will be off at college. Kinda makes me sad to think Princess five will be all alone in the house with me but she is so busy and social, I am sure she will be fine. It feels so weird to think I will only have one at home. It seems like yesterday I was pushing her around in a stroller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment