Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Recycling Plastic Bags and Table Cloths into a Backpack


I shared a post a few years ago about my sister-in-law's father who crocheted old plastic shopping bags and used plastic tablecloths. 


Here is the link to that post. He has been making these for years. 

While I was at Thanksgiving with my family, she showed me his "new" pattern he is making. 

He started making those cute backpacks that are popular with the kids. 

He uses the shredded plastic table clothes and matches colors to make strips. He is quite talented and I think they look great. 

He uses string to sew the straps on. The top drawstrings and it works just like the cheap advertising backpacks that shred and fray quickly. 


I thank her for sharing this as I think it is a great use of old things that would otherwise fill the land fills. 

I think I need to ask her for a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment