Friday, February 22, 2013

Oops, I Did it Again - Massage and Cleaning Fever


Have you ever gone into one room for something you were working on and then got stuck in that room and then left that room to get something for that project and in the new room, you get into another project and after about  five hours, you return to the first project with the item you left to get? 

Yep, I did it again! Princess number two came out of her room with a generic cd case which had two cd's in it. She wanted to get rid of the cd's so after a few minutes, I thought I would go and find the cases. There are two main places we store those so I went to my massage area where I have a drawer of cd's I use when doing massage. 

The room was a mess as the princesses use it to get ready in the morning. I started cleaning it and even though I cleaned out some of the drawers last week, I ended up going through every cupboard, shelf and drawer. 
 
Princess number two came in and was impressed with the amount of things I pulled out to sell. The funny thing to me was the massage stuff again. Of course it was stuff I could use doing massages but I never had used them and probably never will. I pulled them all out with many other things and was going to put them all in the "Indoor Yard sale" we have been having to earn money for Princess four to go to Thailand. 

I took the picture for this post as I thought it was so funny that I have so much massage stuff. Then, I noticed the foot massage heater. 

Where has that been all my life!?! I put it under my computer desk and as I type, I am getting two types of foot massages and it is heated! YES!


So happy I cleaned out that room today!

After all that cleaning in that room, no cd cases. That led me to the family room where we keep all the empty cases for the girls cd's and the Christmas ones etc. I start in on that. Princess two took out some of the stuff in that case a week or two ago but I found some cassette tapes. I don't want them so I got rid of most but pulled out a few to transfer over to the computer as they had the girls on them or a couple I got in New Zealand when I lived there that I wouldn't be able to find on cd. 

I didn't realize how many cd's we have but there were some I don't think anyone would want anymore in there so I need to find the cd's and put them with the cases so I can clean that out a bit more. I still have several rooms to go but Princess two is keeping me focused.

I also included a photo of our indoor yard sale again as there isn't much left from that last picture other than the computer monitor and a few games. Princess two is really doing an amazing job keeping up on this! 

I am busy which makes it hard to follow it all. I am so grateful she is keeping it going as it makes me get through the stuff I haven't had time to go through in years. I have about 7 empty bins of things we have gone through and sold, donated or distributed. 

Of course with all this sorting and cleaning, I didn't knit anything in the past two days. :-(         

No comments:

Post a Comment