Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Venus Sun Spot Pictures - Once in a Lifetime Event

June 6th, 2012 was an event you only see once in over 100 years. It was a Venus sun spot as it crossed in front of the sun. 

A few weeks before, someone told me about it's coming. I put it on my events calendar on my phone to alert me so I could see it. 

I got out my x-rays again that I used to take the pictures of the solar eclipse a few weeks prior and through the x-rays, I was able to take these pictures. 
It was later in the day when it really showed up so it wasn't on the fringes of the sun. I tried to get earlier pictures but they were too close to the edge and you couldn't see them well. I had to go run some errands and meet with some people after I took these so I didn't have time to take pictures of it in its different positions.

I was able to view it each time I stopped so I could see how it moved. I went to a young women gathering for our church group and was able to let them all see the spot. I am guessing none of them will live to see that again so that was fun for them to see.
You may need to click on the pictures to enlarge them to see the spot. It is between the center of the clock and the 2 o'clock spot. 

There have been some unusual celestial signs in the heavens in the past few months.
I wonder if there are any more coming soon? I have never been one to follow that type of thing but these were so big I couldn't miss seeing them.

It has been exciting to watch them unfold and be witness to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment