Friday, June 29, 2012

D - Lowest Grade of My Life - Slower Internet Than Most

I got the lowest grade of my life the other day. As you know I am always complaining on my posts about my upload speed as we can't post videos more than a minute in length as it just won't upload. 

I am at the fasted internet available on DSL in my area and since it is a remote area, they aren't planning on upgrading the lines to my dead end street at any point in the future. 

My sister who just moved was unhappy with her internet service and found a site to check your internet speed both download and upload speeds. 

She wrote me an email telling me how slow her internet was and also sent me a link knowing how much trouble I have had with my internet. 

I clicked on the link, it was so easy. The test started after clicking on "test now" box. I tested it several times over several days and the results were always the same within a point or two.

I got a D. My internet is slower that almost 3/4 of the nation. :-( So sad to hear that! 

Here is the link to the site. speed test 

I am now really at a loss as to ever being able to skype my missionary daughter or to upload any HD videos or regular videos longer than 1 minute or so. 

I guess there are some disadvantages to living in a small town. However, I still feel the trade off is worth it. I can be anywhere in town in 5 minutes or less.

So you lucky people who have speedy internet that live in large cities with lots of traffic, just know, I'll arrive at my destination quicker in real time and that way we are both winners! Perhaps at some point my service provider will upgrade the lines for some other reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment