Thursday, May 24, 2012

Senior Ball, Last Dance


Princess number three went to her last dance as a high school student tonight. It was her Senior Ball. We got this dress at a second hand store for $20. It was strapless so she just added the bolero jacket that I made for her first dance last year if you remember that post, if not, here is a link. We had a little problem with the low back where the back comes together, they make lots of the dresses with a cinch up back so that any size girl can wear it. However, this leaves the back exposed.

Princess is a modest girl and doesn't feel comfortable with that so we took the dress to Walmart and walked around looking for some fabric that would match so she could use it under the ribbon cinch.

We looked at satin ribbon but they were a bit more blue than her dress. We found some marbled fabric that was almost a perfect match.


We had them cut us a 8 inch piece which cost $.33 cents. The jacket was free since I made it and used parts from the dress for the cap sleeve, the entire dress cost less than $21.

The dress was also a bit big so after cinching it, I had to pin the zipper area where the ruffles are but you can't tell. Now, even if she gains weight or her sisters want to use it, it will fit any of them.

If you look at the top two pictures, you will see a photo in the back ground on the wall. That picture is of me holding Princess number 3 as a baby at about two weeks old.

I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I can't believe she has grown so quickly. She is getting everything ready to head off to college and I am glad we took the photo where we did as I love that I see her as a baby to the beautiful young woman she has become.

Princess 3 had fun dancing with her friends and I am going to miss her when she heads off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment