Friday, July 15, 2011

Dehydrated Pickle Tuna Sandwich


I posted earlier this week about dehydrating some pickles. The result wasn't that great but I have to post about the tuna that I made today.


I didn't tell the kids that I was using the pickles that were dehydrated and I have to say that none of them liked the rehydrated pickles.



I made tuna in a bowl with mayo and tuna. I then added several dehydrated pickles broken in to small pieces. I crushed some white onions that were dehydrated into the tuna as well. I then added sunflower seeds, chopped celery, and put some organic salad on top.


I mixed it together and put on the lettuce and added some chips on the side and every girl told me it was good and said "Thanks mom" and two ended up having seconds because they liked it so well.



I found a use for the dehydrated pickles. I don't know that I would do it again because in an emergency, I wouldn't probably have tons of tuna but it was an interesting experiment and we will use up the other dried pickles in a similar way.

No comments:

Post a Comment