Thursday, July 1, 2010

Over Night Frozen Roast. mmmm

My girlfriend Julie was telling me a few weeks ago how she puts all her meats into roast without thawing them. She puts them in to cook frozen. I hadn't heard of that before but since have met several people who do that. So, thanks to Julie for a nice Chuck Roast and the instructions, I put it to the test.


Last night, I put a very hard frozen chuck roast into the crock pot on the lowest setting. Then, the girls and I peeled and cut veggies and put them in a gallon Ziploc bag and I put crushed garlic and red pepper along with olive oil in the bag to keep the potato's from going black. I put the bag in the fridge.


This morning, I woke to a wonderful smell. I got up and poured the bag of veggies on top of the wonderful smelling roast and kept it on the lowest setting.


Just about lunch time, the roast was luring the kids in from all over the house. They all couldn't wait to try it. It was wonderful. The girls enjoyed the whole thing but by far the roast was their favorite. They thought I could have put more spice on the veggies or perhaps put I should have put the roast on top and put the veggies in the juice. Either way, they polished of a good size roast and veggies today with not one drop of left overs. That is a feat at our house. We usually eat left overs of roast for a few days. The meat was so tender, much more so than the normal Sunday roast in the oven. I do like my oven roasted veggies better but the meat was a no contest. I think we will be doing this again soon. You can see in the photos how the meat just shredded. It would have made wonderful sandwiches but there wasn't any left to try as a sandwich. Maybe next time.


Thanks to Julie, I got three new recipes today to try in the crock pot. I like that the crock pot didn't heat the house. Happy Crocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment