Monday, July 5, 2010

Littering, It Can Come Back to Haunt You!

This is a funny but true story. It happened in California to my sister. One day, she was at a park or somewhere and she tells how she noticed a car pulling out and there was a bag on the ground next to where they pulled out.



She ran over and picked up the bag thinking they had misplaced it.
She gets in her car and speeds down the road and catches up to them at a light. She jumps out and runs up to the car and explains to them that they left this bag behind. They look at her as if she is crazy and tells her that it was their dogs "doo doo" as she hands them the bag and runs back to her car.


My older sister and I were laughing about this the other night. We both thought how funny it would be to tell that story on the blog. I wondered what pictures I could post to the story.



The next morning, we went to her neighborhood breakfast at the park. I looked up and there they were. The signs in the photos. I had never seen them before at any other park but I thought they were a great idea.




Yesterday we were driving to a early fourth celebration and the car in front of me threw out a Styrofoam ice cream cup and spoon. If I hadn't been driving a stick shift and the light about to change I think I would have picked it up and told him he dropped it.



My sister inspired me even though she really didn't know what was in the bag.
I bet those people thought twice about littering that way again!


So, at this holiday time, thinking about our great nation, lets try to keep it clean or perhaps it will come back to haunt us in a similar way!

No comments:

Post a Comment