Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Husky Work Light Verses Power Zone Work Light

I had a situation where I needed to have a high lumen work light and my sister let me borrow her Husky Battery powered work light that has 1000 lumens and its low is 300 lumens. 

I loved the light and used it for three projects I had. I thought that I wanted to get my girls one each for Christmas. I went and purchased them and I had to go back to home depot four different times looking for them. The workers kept telling me they were in the work light section. Then they told me they were in the tool area. Then they told me they were in the lighting area, and finally the last time the worker walked me to the "flashlight" section and there they were! 


In the time that I was looking to purchase one for myself and couldn't find one, I looked at all the stores in town that may have one or something similar, I went to Ace hardware and I found a similar light. I purchased the light and was surprised that the lumens were even better in the new light. 

Each light had a positive and a negative. The Husky light is built really well and I dropped it several times with no problems. The high on that is 1000 lumens on high and low is 300 lumens. The battery case stays closed well and when dropped it stayed closed super well and has the option to run with just one set of batteries. It has a button that has to be pushed on and off to get to high and then low so sometimes you click it on and in the dark you can't tell if it is on low or high until you click it several times and that can be annoying as the other is always on high when you do the first click, and then the second click turns it to low so you are always aware it will be on high the first click. 

The yellow one called Power Zone, is much brighter with 1500 lumens on high and 600 on low. It is lighter made and has no warranty, where as the Husky says it has a warranty. The battery cover falls off all the time even just touching the back. I solved that issue by just putting a piece of duct tape on it. I do feel if I drop it, it won't do as well as it isn't made as sturdy as the Husky. 


With both of them costing about $15. I don't think you can go wrong with either product. I just thought I would share about these lights as I have used them over and over and am so glad I have them. 

It is nice that they can hang, or stand on either end! I would suggest either light. I have only had to replace the batteries once in a year but don't use it much other than setting up my yard sale and taking it down and in the garage for projects. The Power Zone is from Ace and the Husky is from Home Depot. 

Both are a good deal. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment