Thursday, December 20, 2012

Photos in Czech - Whirlwind tour

For some reason, I was able to upload some of these photos that were emailed to me from Czech by some of the friends we made there. I was going to pay the fees today so I could start adding photos again and I was able to upload these. 


So today, I will just post there photos of my mother and I in Czech.

 Since we only had one afternoon to sight see, we only made two stops before it got dark. It gets very dark, very quickly there in winter so these photos are all of the huge cathedral and surrounding buildings near the palace except one. 
 
My mother and I are in the museum looking at the actual book that was made and given to the President of the company of photos of her modeling with their cars. Because she worked for the combine company out of South America, they had the book made by that photographer and gave it to the president of the Skoda car company at the time. 
 
I shared that when he died, his daughter donated back to the Skoda company. 

That is how they came to have it now.  I was worried about my mother being cold before we left and was blessed to find this 100 percent wool coat new for $10. It was made in Russia so I figured it would be warm enough for Czech. It was and I was so grateful to have found it for her. 

My sister made her the scarf and gave it to her the night before we left. Both items helped but she was still quite cold and even with the blanket, she kept complaining of being cold that afternoon.

I had someone take a few photos of us together to show I was actually there. I think these posted were the only photos I was actually in that I had taken while there with my mother.  It was just such a short and crazy trip. The company tried to send me some pictures of us at the opening of the museum online but I can't seem to open them once downloaded using several different programs so they may have to just send me a disc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment